Monday, May 24, 2010

Laptop problems?

I have saved up all my money since im only 15 for a long time now "building computers for my dad" and I have bough a new tushiba laptop from office depot with windows vista. I have had problems with the explorer.exe for a long time now so I wrote a similar program in c to replace it. worked fine. now the whole think crashed like a mother the dvd rom drives, hd drives, EVERTHING even the os. being very tech savy for my age. I managed to put a linux distro onto a usb and boot it from that the c:\ and d:\ hardrives are fried. I bought the extended warraitny now my queston is. wil that either replace it or try to fix it. because if they take a long time i will raise HELL

Laptop problems?
rewrite the entire OS and compile it. Everything will be fine
Reply:even if anyone here believed that at 15 you "wrote a similar program in c to replace it", the chances are that it was your fiddling that trashed the machine and the warranty guys will probably just fix the machine with a factory restore......feel free to raise hell, that doesnt often improve the speed at which things happen, you just end up on the bottom of the pile





edit: sorry if i sounded a little condescending but at 15, unless you have some very odd lifestyle habits, it is highly unlikely that you have anywhere near enough exposure to any development language to start ripping chunks of the OS apart. I just found it difficult to believe that you could code bug free in C yet you cannot spell Toshiba, thing, eveything or warranty (amongst others)......if you really can code then i retract my comment


No comments:

Post a Comment